• Maharishi gives the Keynote Address at the 28th Annual Conference of the American Association of Higher Education in Chicago, USA, attended by 3,000 educators.
• Maharishi holds historic meetings with the Illinois and Michigan State Legislatures.
• Maharishi trains teachers of the Science of Creative Intelligence in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and is welcomed by His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, whose government declared the Science of Creative Intelligence as a knowledge that is useful and necessary to the progress of life.
• Maharishi’s Alliance for Knowledge (94 pages), a proposal to the governments of the world to redesign the destiny of their nations, is sent to every Head of State.
1974 Maharishi’s Year of Achievement of the World Plan: The Maharishi Effect is discovered: one per cent of the population of any city practising Transcendental Meditation results in an overall increase of positive trends in society. The Maharishi Effect, named by scientists in honour of Maharishi who first predicted it, establishes a new formula for the creation of an ideal society.
• Maharishi International University (now Maharishi University of Management) is established in Fairfield, Iowa, USA.
1975 Maharishi’s Year of the Dawn of the Age of Enlightenment: ‘Through the window of science, we see the Dawn of the Age of Enlightenment.’—Maharishi
• Maharishi embarks on a global tour to inaugurate the Dawn of the Age of Enlightenment on all five continents—for Asia in India, New Delhi, Vigyån Bhavan Hall; for Europe in England, London, Royal Albert Hall; for North America in Canada, Ottawa, Château Laurier; for South America in Argentina, Buenos Aires, Cultural Centre of San Martin; and for Africa in Ivory Coast, Abidjan, Palais des Congrès Houphouet Boigny.
• Maharishi establishes MERU—Maharishi European Research University—in Switzerland. This global inauguration brings the dawn of new knowledge. Maharishi revives the total theoretical and practical knowledge of Yoga after thousands of years, and with hundreds of course participants in Interlaken and other beautiful areas of Switzerland, Maharishi holds six-month courses to enliven consciousness as ‘a field of all possibilities’.
1976 Maharishi’s Year of Government: Maharishi inaugurates the World Government of the Age of Enlightenment with sovereignty in the domain of consciousness and authority in the invincible power of Natural Law, to purify world consciousness and guide the destiny of mankind.
• Maharishi introduces the Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme Including Yogic Flying to accelerate the evolution of the individual to enlightenment and to purify world consciousness. (By the year 2008, more than 300,000 people around the world have learnt Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme.)
• Maharishi creates four annual seasonal Festivals of the Age of Enlightenment to set each season in the tempo of success for noble aspirations and higher achievements.
1977 Maharishi’s Year of Ideal Society: Maharishi inaugurates his Ideal Society Campaign by sending Yogic Flyers to 108 countries. Wherever they go the police take the credit for lowering the crime rate. With this global success, Maharishi formulates his Absolute Theories of Government, Education, Health, Defence, Economy, Management, and Law and Order to raise every area of life to perfection.
1978 Maharishi’s Year of Invincibility to Every Nation: Scientists discover the Extended Maharishi Effect, whereby just the square root of one per cent of the population practising Maharishi’s Transcendental Meditation Sidhi Programme Including Yogic Flying is sufficient to create coherence in collective consciousness. Maharishi validates this formula by sending groups of Yogic Flyers to the most troubled spots on earth. Scientific research records success.