Maharishi also recounts how, during the Puja performed by the Vedic Pandits, he had realized the true meaning of a saying that he had heard long ago in India: Dashamas twam asi—Though art the Tenth—Purusha—the Totality of Natural Law.
Reflecting on the significance of this revelation of pure knowledge, Maharishi says that ‘today we got the instrument to administer our world as efficiently as our unbounded, unlimited, ever-expanding universe is being governed by the Constitution of the Universe—the Veda.... When we have this gift, then as long as we are breathing life, we are talking about it, we are doing something on that level of our life. Better get onto doing on that most sublime level, most delicate level… where nothingness comes out to be everything.’—Maharishi (29 March)
• In April Maharishi conducts an historic series of seven press conferences, based on the seven themes of the Global Financial Capital of New York: Unified Field-Based Defence, Unified Field-Based Administration, Unified Field-Based Architecture, Unified Field-Based Health, Unified Field-Based Education, Unified Field-Based Agriculture, and Elimination of Poverty.
• On the full-moon of July, Guru Purima Day, Maharishi inaugurates the Dawn of Global Invincibility, and offers to Guru Dev his plan for establishing forty-eight cities in India—forty-eight Brahmanand Saraswati Nagar—where the collective consciousness of the Vedic Pandits residing there will be dedicated to eternal silence, specified in the qualities of the twelve Jyotir Linga: ‘We are offering to Guru Dev our division of the world in terms of four countries dedicated to each of the forty-eight Brahmanand Saraswati Nagar.’ Four Brahmanand Saraswati Nagar will be dedicated to one Jyotir Linga, and each Brahmanand Saraswati Nagar will perform Yagya for four countries in the world. ‘We are 192 countries in the world, and four times forty-eight will cover each country in the world.’
• On 21 October, Vijaya Dasham¡, the Day of Victory on the Vedic Calendar, Maharishi reflected on the achievements of the past decades, and said: ‘I remember how many places I landed. I always landed on the same ground, the collective destiny of the people, and therefore I had no distinction to make on where I left and where I landed. There was no distinction, there was no difference. I don’t remember any difference— what led me from this to this to this—except that I was led on by the big “I”… the “I” of the Light of God.’
• In an historic address on 22 November, Maharishi discloses to the European Assembly of Founders of Invincibility of the Global Country of World Peace, that the supreme goals of his Spiritual Regeneration Movement are fulfilled. Maharishi expressed his feeling that he will now devote his time to Gyan Shakti—Total Knowledge in eternal silence—to support Kriya Shakti—the power of action: ‘I feel now, that having been active for all these fifty years, the Kriya Shakti has woken up, and has started to show the evidence of its waking up. At least twenty-four countries are invincible out of 192, so I am tempted to tell you my feelings, that with twenty-four countries rising to invincibility, and with all the Rajas and the National Leaders during the next week, the Rajas will take over the Kriya Shakti in silence. So I am thinking of shifting my role from Kriya Shakti to Gyan Shakti, because I feel the awakening of Kriya Shakti has been through my basing the Kriya Shakti in the Gyan Shakti.... That is the career that I have designed for myself, Gyan Shakti to blossom in its full, and as Gyan Shakti will blossom, Kriya Shakti will naturally be more and more blossomed. So I, from my side, have won half the race, and I will win the other half. But all of you are the winners of the race. You go ahead, go ahead, and on the same line you will see that nothing is obscure to you.’ The clapping at the close of this meeting is as long or longer as on that historic day of 31 December 1957, when Maharishi first founded his worldwide Movement to spiritually regenerate mankind.
• Having done complete justice to the teachings of Shri Guru Dev for over fifty years, which has changed the destiny of the human race and secured invincibility for every nation, Maharishi inaugurates Administration through Silence—‘the most ideal adorable system of administration which is spontaneously and all the time conducted through the innumerable values of creativity on the level of Veda.’—Maharishi (23 November)
2008 Maharishi’s Year of Invincibility—Global Raam Raj: Inaugurating Towers of Invincibility in forty-eight countries on 12th January to bring Enlightenment to every individual and Invincibility to every nation.